Last Updated: 15/May/2012
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information that you provide:- When you browse and use the Website, you may provide to Arche Education what is generally called "personal information". You will also be able to add a picture of yourself. From time to time, Arche Education may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration, enrolment or otherwise, you are giving Arche Education the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you register or enrol with "the website", you are not anonymous to us. When you register for a LearnwithGuru Account, we ask you for "personal information". We may combine the information that you submit under your account with information from other Arche Education's services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our products and services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
Note- The term 'personal information' means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, phone number or other contact information, whether at work or at home.
- "Automatically Collected" Information:- When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features Arche Education may make available on the Website, such as the number of problems you have attempted, the number of videos you have viewed and the amount of time spent to complete a problem or test.
- User communications:- When you send emails or other communications to Arche Education and/or to the Website, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless operator associated with the phone number, the content of the message as well as the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
Additionally there are a few special situations to note:
- Service Beta User:- If you volunteer to serve as a beta user for pre-commercial content, we will track bug reports and potentially individual system performance in an effort to rigorously test pre-deployed technology.
- Former Customer/user:- If you cease being a customer of ours, we will keep a copy of your registration file in our database for use in the event you wish to re-join the Website or other Arche Education services.
- Response to Job Postings or Unsolicited Communications:- Please note that information we receive in reference to a job posting or via unsolicited communications do not fall under the privacy terms outlined in this policy. However, information from your resume will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for employment.
The Way Arche Education Uses Information:
- Arche Education generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Website. If you have given Arche Education consent, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about Arche Education's features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- We may share your personal information with certain other websites that we link to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the Website.
- Arche Education uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from Users to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- The Website may use "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you have registered as a member or user and given Arche Education consent, we may share some of your personal information with advertisers, business partners, and other entities that are not affiliated with Arche Education who would like to send you information about their products and services. We do not share personal information with other third-party organizations (those are not affiliated with AE) for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
- Arche Education's employees, agents, Partners, teachers (Gurus), Institutes and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personal information you may provide to register as a user of the Website. We may share your personal information with organization and teachers (Guru) that provide services to Arche Education and users, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities, but they may only use your personal information to provide us with a specific service & product and not for any other purpose.
In addition to the above, we may use the information that we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our services and/or Products (including advertising services) and develop new services or products; and
- Protect the rights or property of AE or our users.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you, account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some learnwithGuru.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information sharing and discloser
AE only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside AE in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Arche Education enables you to share your User Postings with other Users of the Website, such as Users of the Website that you choose to enrol as your Guru and Users associated with your Educational Organization. Arche Education may also permit you to share your User Postings publicly on the Website. If your User Postings are shared with other Users, any personal information that you choose to include in, or is associated with, such User Postings will be accessible by such Users. Once you make your personal information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Arche Education enables Users to share information and resources. If you are a User subscribing to the Website and you consent, Arche Education may disclose certain personal information to other Users of the Website, such as Users registered as Guru and Users associated with your Educational Organization. If you consent, Arche Education may also share information about your use of certain Website features with other Users of the Website, such as sharing your activity history with your Guru or Users associated with your Educational Organization.
Also Arche Education may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Arche Education, this Website or any user of the website;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of LearnwithGuru.com, Arche Education or the users of Arche Education.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of this Website, Arche Education or the public.
- Arche Education (AE) also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Arche Education from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Arche Education, the website, our Users, or others.
In addition, if AE should ever file for bankruptcy or acquired by or merge with another company we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Arche Education uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Arche Education, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Arche Education makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Arche Education learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Arche Education may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs.
If we use this information in a manner different to the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Individuals Outside of the India: Anyone using the website from outside of India should be aware that personal Information collected on the website may be stored and processed in India or any other country in which Arche Education or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.